"Honey Bunch is affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi and follows the CBE (Competency based Education) model as proposed by the board. Honey bunch followsCBSE curriculum which provides ample scope for holistic - ie; physical , intellectual and social development of students. We follow experiential learning , sport and art integrated learning , toy based pedagogy , story telling , game style features with technological innovations to keep pace with the global trends in various disciplines. It also helps to promote critical and creative thinking aligned to the 21 st century skills in classroom. "
At the kindergarten level, Montessori system of education is followed. Special emphasis on EPL, sensorial, language and arithmetic is laid through experiential and experimental learning. Children make creative choices in their learning process based on self directed, hands on activities and collaborative play.
Books followed: Private publications
We follow CBE pattern to assess the progress of foundational skills and basic learning outcomes/competencies among students. Our methods aim at improvising students and teaching-learning processes, higher-order skills and application of knowledge in real-life situations, rather than rote memorization.
Books followed: NCERT
Our methodologies emphasize constructive knowledge rather than rote learning by highlighting the importance of hands-on experience, enlist general and specific teaching and assessment objectives to make learning competency-based, encourage the application of knowledge and skills in real-life problem-solving scenarios.
From the academic year 2024 – 2025 the school has introduced foundation classes for Grades 6 to 12 on every Thursday’s from 09.30 am to 03.30 pm. Classes are conducted by KBS Academy , Palakkad.
- GROUP 1: ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, MATH
OPTIONAL SUBJECT : BIOLOGY/ C.Sc/ IP/ PSYCHOLOGY / PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- GROUP 2: ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, BIOLOGY
OPTIONAL SUBJECT: C.SC/PSYCHOLOGY/INFORMATION PRACTICES / PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- GROUP 3: ENGLISH, BUSINESS STUDIES, ACCOUNTANCY, ECONOMICS
OPTIONAL SUBJECT: INFORMATION PRACTICES / APPLIED MATH / GENERAL MATHEMATICS / ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- GROUP 4: ENGLISH, POLITICAL SCIENCE, PSYCHOLOGY PHYSICAL EDUCATION,ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- ASL activities for languages [English and tamil]
- Hey Math – a digital curriculum for math consisting pedagogically rich lessons with interesting real life contexts.
- Lab oriented experiential learning for science
- Map based and project based learning for social studies
- Grey caps- a quizzing program which enhances general knowledge and IQ among children.
- School Cinema – a collaborative program for imparting value education.
- Periodical Career Guidance Programs are held for grade IX- XII students by career experts.
- Counselling sessions by the school counsellor are provided to cater the special needs of children appropriately.